Hello Deadite–good to see you’re wanting to contact Gruesome Joe to submit your music for possible consideration for a review! He’s happy you’re part of the incredibly awesome music world and welcomes your submission.
If you are a band/individual artist/booking agent/PR pro/whatever and would like the opportunity to submit your music for a possible review, please contact him via the contact form below (or if you are having trouble, email him here) to arrange a CD quality download of MP3′s and available high-res album art for consideration (or you can always snail-mail an actual CD). Either way–send him an email and he will get back to you right away regarding how he can obtain a copy of your music. Any materials sent (in any fashion) will not be returned. So please–don’t send in the only master cut of your album!
Please note that all music submissions will be thoroughly listened to and considered, but not all submissions will be able to be reviewed. This could be for one of a million reasons–but please know that a submission of music in no way guarantees a review.
If Gruesome Joe does end up doing a review on your album, he will contact you with all the information you need–when it will hit GruesomeJoe.com, if/when it will air on Rotting Flesh Radio, etc. Rest assured that if you took the time and trouble to contact him and send in your music, he will take the time and trouble to contact you with all the information you could ever need regarding your review.
If your music ends up getting selected for a review, here are some perks you get:
- Usually 10+ minutes of on-air time on the Rotting Flesh Radio podcast which:
- Features the review and audio “preview” clips taken from the albums to entice listeners and to give them a feel for the album
- Includes on-air plug of where listeners can purchase the album
- Includes any relevant background information on the band/artist
- Includes current touring/event information and other pertinent information about the artist and album being reviewed
- Posted review transcript on GruesomeJoe.com with links to purchasing location and band/artists website (usually multiple links within each post)
- A dedicated URL where the review post will permanently reside (of which you can link to from your artist/band website, newsletter, or review page)
- Album cover art appears with each review for visual recognition
- Automatic updates via RSS and email to subscribed listeners/readers of GruesomeJoe.com
All of these perks come at no charge whatsoever to the record label or producer of the music. Again, all that is needed is a CD-quality copy of the album (hard copy or digital), album cover art, and the permission/licensing to utilize clips from the album to include within the review.
And finally, some legal stuff. Please read this part thoroughly. Any submission to Gruesome Joe signifies acceptance of the following:
- Any submission sent in automatically releases Joseph Williams (Gruesome Joe) and all his affiliates of any and all liabilities.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- Submission of music and album artwork signifies your desire to have the music reviewed and critiqued (for good or for bad) and for said review to be made public via audio podcast, written content, RSS syndication, video and any other format we care to review in.
- All submitters whose album/music/artwork/etc. we receive release their copyright and open up a royalty-free license for Joseph Williams to use audio clips of any length and quotes from the work in any and all review formats.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, and you will check back here periodically if you really want to know if they have changed. We won’t contact you if they change.
Thanks for your interest and time! Gruesome Joe looks forward to your music!